""" Facts. Snowden’s top 5 ...
""" Facts. Snowden’s top 5 secure programs
- Tor Anonymization software which bounces traffic through several computers to conceal where it is coming from. The easiest way of using is through “Tor browser” – a web reader configured for Tor.
- Signal Easy-to-use mobile application for IOS or Android which encrypts calls and chat conversations.
- Off the record Encryption method for chats which often is shortened OTR. Comes built in to some chat programs, for example Adium, exists as an add on to others.
- Tails OS Operative system specifically for integrity issues. Can be carried on a USB-stick and used in for example internet cafés. Leaves no traces on the computer.
- Qubes Operative system for the person who really cares about their security. Qubes splits the system’s parts and isolates them from each other, as if you had a computer for every program you were running, so that a security problem in one program will not affect other programs. “““