Computers are useless. They can only give you answers. (Pablo Picasso)
Is Picasso correct?
In the scientific literature the question if a computer can be made to ask questions is hardly discussed. However literature containing the following terms implicitly discusses this topic:
- Olsson (2009) : A literature survey of active machine learning in the context of natural language processing
- Castro et al. (2008) : Active Learning
- Zhu et al. (2007) : Humans Perform Semi-Supervised Classiﬁcation Too
- Zhu (2007) : Semi-supervised learning literature survey
- Abou-Nasr (1992) : LBAQ: a pattern recognition neural network that learns by askingquestions