Old Wiki Table of Content
Here I collect notes about a lot of things and topics I think are interesting.
- Moving black holes: Since a black hole is a state of highest entropy, is a black hole moving at the speed of light the highest entropy transfer rate that can exist in nature? As a starting point here are some papers showing the metric of an accelerating body in GR:
- W. Kinnersley (1961): Uniformly Accelerating Charged Mass in General Relativity
- W. Kinnersley (1963): Field of an Arbitrarily Accelerating Point Mass
- General relativistic boltzmann equation:
- Debbasch,van Leeuwen: the General Relativistic Boltzmann Equation
- Debbasch, van Leeuwen: General relativistic Boltzmann equation, II: Manifestly covariant treatment
- Debbasch, van Leeuwen: General relativistic Boltzmann equation, I: Covariant treatment
- Debbasch: A diffusion process in curved space–time
- Is matter condensed space-time??
- P.Kovtun, D.T.Son, A.O.Starinets: Viscosity in Strongly Interacting Quantum Field Theories from Black Hole Physics
- Is teleporting a photon the same as teleporting the universe, but keeping one photon at it’s place? (Mach’s Principle?!, [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_teleportation])
- Can a computer ask questions?
- Netflix Prize
- Books about neural networks/artificial intelligence/data mining
- How “Google Sets” Works
- Fast similarity search in large dictionaries (ETH Zuerich)
- A coordinate system for the internet based on the real world (each webpage gets a geographical coordinate (based on the topic or the location of the author), and if that’s not available expand the geographical coordinates to geographical ones in a virtual world, e.g. planet maier ;-) ). Can one buy a certain coordinate location in the real world (where nothing can be found e.g. somewhere between mars and the asteroid belt) and use it as virtual location for a web site (and in that sense hack augmented reality)? For example one points with the iPhone at a certain location at the sky, which would then reveal that in this direction some billion kilometers away the web page of some guy is located.
Programming and Markup Languages
- [http://www.eyeplorer.com] : Finding relations between wikipedia articles
- [http://www.powerset.com/] : a search and discovery experience for Wikipedia, launched in May 2008, acquired by Microsoft.
- [http://www.bing.com/] : Microsofts idea of web search
- [http://ep.espacenet.com/?locale=en_EP] : Search engine of European Patent Office (EPO) for patents worldwide
- [http://www.google.com/patents] : Googles search engine for patents in the USA
- [http://patft.uspto.gov/] : USA patents search engine of the USPTO (U.S Patent and Trademark Office)
- [http://publikationen.dpma.de] : German patents search engine of the DPMA (“Deutsches Patent- und Markenamt”)
- P.h.D. = Permanent head Damage